Bo Gorcesky - Associated Content from Yahoo!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Confessions of a Fifth Year Teacher

Wanting More and Looking Out on the Horizon
2011_bear_fest_5-24_g_camera_030

Another year has gone by as a teacher, but what I find interesting, perhaps almost concerning, is how little the number of students that I really made connections with or was really upset that I would not be seeing them anymore. I know in the past, the start of June had been a bittersweet time, but this year I didn't give out books or write sappy messages of farewells, just a few posed pictures and brief comments in a yearbook or two.

Perhaps I was just running out of time towards the end of the school year, or that this is the school year that I have been much more diligent to NOT be in school as much.......

 

If you would like to read the rest of the article, check it out on the Yahoo Contributor network HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment