Bo Gorcesky - Associated Content from Yahoo!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Fauvist Painting Rough Drafts w/ Drawcast

By introducing my students to Fauvism, they were able to create a simple piece of art that showcased Complementary Colors and Contour Line

7th_Grade_Fauvists_painting.pdf Download this file

My Media Arts students get to make too much traditional art, so it was fun getting back into artistic concepts such as color and line. You can see some of my previous posts that utilized Color in the Classroom

7th graders took a photo of their hand with Drawcast. See some of my other posts that we used Drawcast to make art. They then did a contour sketch of their hand using the foreground layer. Once they had a good outline, they painted the midground with the appropiate color scheme with complementary colors

I look forward to their final project where hopefully they incorporate monochromatic or analogous color schemes as well

 

No comments:

Post a Comment