Bo Gorcesky - Associated Content from Yahoo!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Animation: Love, Hate and War

The Influence of Animation During World War II
Yeah, I know what you're thinking, just what the hell is this guy talking about. Well it's a bit of a long story to explain this thesis statement, I have had a love of Animation, (I'll just call them cartoons for now on) for nearly twenty years and that is why I go to the School of
Visual Arts and I'm majoring in my third year of it now. Entering this school I was offered a class called the History of Animation, it expanded my own knowledge of Animation and widened my horizons of its uses. Growing up I had just saw it as a comedic art form, relying on the slapstick of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck as two comedic partners reminiscent of Laurel & Hardy, Martin & Lewis and Abbot & Costello. But now I'm aware of what cartoons were used for in it's over a century life span; Comedy, Love and Adventure as just a few examples. But one question plagued my mind, does Animation only go as far as entertainment, or does it have a much more psychological response to it's audience on the aspect of what it wants and gets out of the social life of Americans. I have seen it before in the past and I feel a second rise is coming for our times.......

Animation: Love, Hate and War
a history of animation and it's impact on World War II. Provides insider's tips in the world of animation and how it was used for the American public of the '40's.
http://www.associatedcontent.comarticle/1891502/animation_love_hate_and_war.html

No comments:

Post a Comment